[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate instance for testing purposes
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate instance for testing purposes
- From: Michael Bauer <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 10:17:17 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Very first impression is "Not sure I trust them to do the job properly". They list ga-IE as Irish (fine) but gd-GB as "Gaelic" rather than the much clearer "Scots Gaelic" or "Scottish Gaelic". Given the huge amount of confusion people have over Irish Gaelic, Manx Gaelic and Scots Gaelic, that suggests a lack of thought/research when language issues are concerned. We're going to have endless people ... ok not endless, a number of people signing up for the wrong language. Not fun for any locale manager either way.
I may have missed this but what's wrong with Pootle? It has worked for a long time? If you asked me to name ONE thing I'd like where I'd like to see major change, it would be to unpick Source Locale from en-US so that every time en-US plays with caps or typos, it doesn't affect all other locales. Moving to a new tool, however sexy their pitch, will just mean an entirely new set of headaches instead of the old set of headaches in my experience and I have accounts on most of them. Doesn't matter if it's Crowdin, Poole, Pontoon, DDG, WordPress, Launchpad etc etc, they all drive you nuts as a translator at some level.
Sgrìobh sophi na leanas 27/08/2019 aig 15:37:
Your feedback is very welcome of course, we will take it into account
before making a decision.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate instance for testing purposes||sophi <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate instance for testing purposes||Ilmari Lauhakangas <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-l10n] Weblate instance for testing purposes||sophi <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate instance for testing purposes
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate instance for testing purposes
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate instance for testing purposes
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate instance for testing purposes