Hi Dennis

Thanks for answering my question.
I understand that the list is very outdated and need to be updated.
Maybe it is best to leave te referring out of the Guide?
At least until the list is updated.

Kind regards, Kees

Dennis Roczek schreef op 12.07.2019 15:09:

Hi Kees,

On 12.07.2019 11:23, kees538@libreoffice.org wrote:
Hi All

The Calc Guide, chapter "Formulas and functons", refers to a list for
comparison of functions in Calc and Excel.
Op page 19 it says:

However, the majority of functions can be used in both Calc and Excel
without any change. A comparison list may be found on the LibreOffice
wiki, linked from the Documentation/Publications page.
Uff, that's the old outdated comparison...

I can't find a reference on the wiki though. Can there be added a
hyperlink in this Calc guide?> If anyone can tell me where this list c
an be found, I can add the
reference in the Guide, if wanted.
Please see:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Functions_comparison_of_LibreOffice_
Calc_and_Excel

which links to two documents:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=Documentation/Public
ations&diff=next&oldid=148497
(archived version, which was moved to third party resources but never
made it to that new page; @Kenneth Hanson: any reason for that?)

So basically we are talking about MSO2013 vs. Calc 4(?) comparison liste
d at
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Excel2013_Calc_Functions_Compar
ison.ods

Before updating the Calc Guide: I guess we finally should get these
comparison up-to-date and in a useful visual way.

A few years(!) ago I started a similar page for Apple Numbers - and it
is still on my todo-list - but well...
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Functions_comparison_of_LibreOffice_
Calc_and_Numbers
If you look at CONVERT_ADD for example, you see why I do need much time
as I was analyzing the stuff in-depth.

King regards,
Kees

Best regards,