[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Wiki translation tech newsletter
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Wiki translation tech newsletter
- From: Ilmari Lauhakangas <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 20:04:03 +0300
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to another edition of "emails full of wiki translation tech jargon"! Let's see, what our elite team of wiki researchers has accomplished since the last one.
- Thanks to Guilhem, we can now set the source language of a page to something else besides English!
1. Visit https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Special:PageLanguage
2. Start inputting the page path into the "Page" field and pick the page
3. Select language
- We will get the automatic adding of the languages menu only after June 2020, because we are targetting LTS releases of MediaWiki: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Version_lifecycle
- The topic of copying the contents of a translatable page without the <!-T:x--> tags came up and a solution was found. To achieve this, add /en to the path of the page like so: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/6.3/en and edit the page.
You should always do a fresh start for a new page, never bringing in old automatically generated translation tags.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] HSQLDB migration how-to
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] REMIND: Documentation team call is today at 18:00 UTC
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] HSQLDB migration how-to
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate live test instance