[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Call for Papers ODE DevRoom at FOSDEM
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Call for Papers ODE DevRoom at FOSDEM
- From: Italo Vignoli <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 15:45:47 +0100
- To: Tdf Documentation <email@example.com>, LO Localization <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Tdf Projects <email@example.com>
FOSDEM is one of the largest gatherings of Free Software contributors in
the world and takes place each year in Brussels (Belgium) at the ULB
Campus Solbosch. In 2019, it will be held on Saturday February 2, and
Sunday February 3.
The Open Document Editors DevRoom is scheduled for Saturday, February 2
(from 10:30AM to 7:00PM, room UB2.147).
We are inviting proposals for talks about Open Document Editors or the
ODF standard document format, on topics such as code, localization, QA,
UX, tools, extensions and adoption-related cases. Please keep in mind
that product pitches are not allowed at FOSDEM.
The length of talks should be limited to a maximum of 25 minutes, as we
would like to have questions after each presentation, and to fit as many
presenters as possible in the schedule. Exceptions must be explicitly
requested and justified. You may be assigned LESS time than you request.
All submissions have to be made in the Pentabarf event planning tool:
While filing your proposal, please provide the title of your talk, a
short abstract (one or two paragraphs), some information about yourself
(name, bio and photo, but please do remember that your profile might be
already stored in Pentabarf).
To submit your talk, click on “Create Event”, then make sure to select
the “Open Document Editors” devroom as the “Track”. Otherwise, your talk
will not be even considered for any devroom at all.
If you already have a Pentabarf account from a previous year, even if
your talk was not accepted, please reuse it. Create an account if, and
only if, you don’t have one from a previous year. If you have any issues
with Pentabarf, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is Monday, December 24, 2018. Accepted speakers will be
notified by Thursday, December 27, 2018. The schedule will be published
on Monday, December 31, 2018.
The talks in the Open Document Editors DevRoom will be recorded (audio
In the “Submission notes” field, please indicate that you agree to have
your presentation recorded and published under the same license as all
FOSDEM content (CC-BY). For example: “If my speech is accepted for
FOSDEM, I hereby agree to be recorded and to have recordings - including
slides and other presentation related documents - published under the
Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) 4.0 International License.
Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle - Some differences in the Online Help against UI
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Fwd: [libo-marketing-priv] Marketing/Community Budgets for 2019
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle - Some differences in the Online Help against UI
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Fwd: [libo-marketing-priv] Marketing/Community Budgets for 2019