[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Re: Proposed XHP extensions
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Proposed XHP extensions
- From: Olivier Hallot <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 13:18:25 -0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, LibreOffice Documentation <email@example.com>, LibreOffice-l10n <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi all concerned in writing Help pages!
I patched the LibreOffice Help submodule code with the following
extensions to XHP
<h1> ... <h6>
<note>, <tip> and <warning>
<keycode>, <menuitem>, <input>, <literal>, <widget>
All these extensions above are documented in the XHP reference page in
In any case these extensions break the existing markup and contents.
Please do not change existing contents based on these extensions, it
will force a useless re-translation.
However, it is OK when updating contents, and use the opportunity to
also apply the extended markup.
Em 22/10/2018 07:55, Olivier Hallot escreveu:
> Hello everyone concerned on writing Help pages
> After significant amount of time spent writing and fixing Help pages
> (XHP), I came to conclusion that the Help XML (XHP) is a powerful markup
> but a bit too hard to master for newcomers and easy to have errors and
> mistakes slipped in files. Some of its complexity are not absolutely
> required so I wrote a wiki page suggesting the implementation of XHP
> extensions, aiming to make life simpler for adding and reading XHP
> contents textually (markup).
> Please note that in any case the current markup is affected, so it will
> preserve the legacy contents as well as the current translations.
> For example, the new markup for 'tip' paragraph should be
> <tip id="123456" xml-lang="en-US" localize="true">
> so it can replace
> <paragraph role="tip" id="123456" xml-lang="en-US" localize="true">
> Yes, it is a trivial change but I hope it will make reading easier for all.
> Handling of the XHP extensions will be in the XSLT transformation and it
> will be patched accordingly, as well as the DTD, wiki documentation on
> XHP, and string extractors for Pootle.
> The wiki page is
> And comments are welcome, do's dont's, thumbs up or thumbs down.
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-03:00
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|[libreoffice-l10n] Proposed XHP extensions||Olivier Hallot <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] REMIND: Documentation team call is today at 19:30 Berlin Time
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Updated LibreOffice Online UI pot
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Proposed XHP extensions
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] REMIND: Documentation team call is Wednesday at 19:00 Berlin Time