[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Plural forms in Pootle
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Plural forms in Pootle
- From: Michael Wolf <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 21:17:01 +0100
- To: sophi <email@example.com>, LibreOffice-l10n <firstname.lastname@example.org>
and a table with the corresponding equation here:Hi Sophie,
Check that this table has no error and ask the equation to be added to
If you are not using Pootle, I guess it has to be added to the header of
your .po files.
in the list behind the link above Upper Sorbian and Lower Sorbian are missing. But they are in the CLDR list.
This applies to both Sorbian languages:
nplurals=4; plural=(n%100==1 ? 1 : n%100==2 ? 2 : n%100==3 || n%100==4 ? 3 : 0);
This is the system:
1, 101, 201, 301, etc. --> Nominative/Accusative singular
2, 102, 202, 302, etc. --> Nominative/Accusative dual
3/4, 103/104, 203/204, 303/304, etc. --> Nominative/Accusative plural
0, 5-100, 105-200, 205-300, 305-400, etc. --> Genitive plural
Decisive is the last digit, with decimal numbers as well. If the last digit behind the comma (in English: point) is 1 then nominative/accusative singular, if it is 2 nominative/accusative dual and so on.
So, both Sorbian languages have 4 forms and the same rules.
Christian already knows about that. He enabled it on Pootle that I can translate the strings with plural forms. Before there was no translation text box because Pootle didn't know the Sorbian plural rules.
He wrote me: "Set it to four plural forms without explicitly listing the equation - that
allows for translation already."
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Plural forms in Pootle||sophi <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-l10n] Plural forms in Pootle||sophi <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: plural forms translation, ngettext
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] REMIND: Documentation team call is today at 19:00 Berlin Time
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Plural forms in Pootle
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Plural forms in Pootle