On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 7:57 PM, Németh László <nemeth@numbertext.org> wrote:

LibreOffice 6.1 will support “spell out” numbering styles of OOXML (One,
Two...; First, Second..., 1st, 2nd...),

Great!

1. Are these numbers correct in your language?

There is no Bulgarian; I used the Soros IDE to create a module and it is
now almost complete (only the currency part is remaining) but I could not
find how to add it to the list when it is ready. What is the procedure?

2. Do we need to change the default format etc. according to the normal
usage of your country/language variant?

The only similar issue for Bulgarian that comes to my mind is that some
numbers have alternative names, for example 15 may be "петнадесет" (more
formal) or "петнайсет" (less formal but also OK in writing). These are not
dependent on language variants though, just style preference. My module
currently uses the formal ones.

3. Is it enough to support only a single gender in Spanish etc. languages
to cover common outline and page number usage in publishing?

Book/Part/Chapter/Section/Page/Paragraph One, or simply One (normal usage
in English outline numbering)
First Book/Part/Chapter/Section/Page/Paragraph (less common in English,
but
default numbering styles cover this, too)

In Bulgarian, spelled out numerals in chapter numbering are almost always
ordinal ("First chapter" rather than "Chapter one"). Both ordinal and
cardinal numerals have gender that must agree with the gender of the noun,
so all genders must be supported:

първа книга/част/глава/страница (first book/part/chapter/page, feminine)
първи раздел/абзац (first section/paragraph, masculine)
един долар (one dollar, masculine)
една лира (one pound, feminine)
едно евро (one euro, neuter)

Since apparently many languages are like this, maybe we need an option for
the user to select a particular Soros macro (probably through a
user-friendly name rather than things like "ordinal-feminine") for each
numbering level. This can also be used to switch between alternative number
names like the ones described above.

Cheers,
Mihail