On 14 February 2017 at 14:43, Takeshi Abe <tabe@fixedpoint.jp> wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 14:45:11 +0100, Sophie <gautier.sophie@gmail.com>
wrote:
During Fosdem meeting, Dwayne said that we are by far the biggest
database to manage. The fact that we have met a problem on KVM/QEMU was
also not expected. We have learn for the next migration that an isolated
test case on a VM will be the way to go.
For the moment, Dwayne's team has prepared a manual migration, I'm
waiting for their feedback to know for how long we will still have to
wait.
I would like to thank Dwayne and co for handling the issue under pressure.
Downtime always reminds me that their effort is significant for us
localizers.

At the same time it would be useful to have report from the front line
communicating details in a transparent way. For example, regular e.g. daily
status updates about what's going on may help people understand the
situation
better.

As requested some news from the front line.

Firstly, as the people who create Pootle and are passionate about
localisation, our apologies for this downtime.

The TDF server itself is large, certainly the largest instance we have
seen.  This has brought it into a data realm that needed some new
approaches to migrations.

The Pootle team has been working hard to get the LO Pootle server
operational again, working closely with the LO team at both a code and ops
level.

So again we apologise for the downtime.  We expect the new server to be
faster.

Once the dust has cleared we will debrief with the LO ops and work out a
plan that will limit future downtime.

I hope that my next email will point to the live server.

--
Dwayne

*Translate*
+27 12 460 1095 (work)