Em 28/01/2017 01:50, Donald escreveu:
What is to be the relationship between this new site for guides and the
existing one:
wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications/... ?

Do we need to maintain both?

Donald

Hello Donald

Yes we maintain both.

The new site is expected to be easier for users to get the Guides
directly from LibreOffice Help menu (Help - User Guides...), and without
having to Google about LO documentation or navigate in TDF wiki pages to
get there. We valued a clean navigation with less dense textual content.

The wiki page holds all published Guides, including ancient editions. We
want the doc website to hold the most recent publications. Anyway if
user wants an old guide he can get to the wiki page from our doc website
("Older guides").

We expect to add value to the Guides written (and translated) by the
community, and also advertise to join the documentation team.

What is your feeling when hundreds of thousands or perhaps millions of
users click in the new help menu and visit our new doc website?

Kind regards

--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator