Hello @ll,
I stumbled upon the following:
1. Install e.g. http://www.heggemann-edv.de/oxt/schaltungen/schaltungen.oxt via Extension Manager
in LO
2. Hit "Check for Updates" there.

You will see two error message. Hit OK both times. Now you will see
<quote>
Error while downloading extension elektrische Grundschaltungen. The
error message is: Could not download http://www.heggemann-edv.de/oxt/schaltungen/schaltungen. the
inputstream is missing
necessaryto create a content
The extension will not be installed.
</quote>
in the Extension Manager window (if you are using en_US UI)

or

<quote>
Ein Fehler ist während des Herunterladens der Extension elektrische
Grundschaltungen aufgetreten. Die Fehlermeldung ist: Could not
download http://www.heggemann-edv.de/oxt/schaltungen/schaltungen.
the inputstream is missing necessaryto create a contentthe
inputstream is missing necessaryto create a content
Die Extension wird nicht installiert.
</quote>
(if you are using de_DE as UI language. As a side note: should the
sentence "the inputstream is missing necessaryto create a content"
not be changed to "the input stream is missing necessary to create a
content"?)

If I search in Pootle, I only see 8 hits for all versions
(https://translations.documentfoundation.org/de/translate/#search=inputstream&sfields=source,target)

but none with "inputstream is missing necessaryto create a content"
in it ... :( Where do I find this string? Is it hard-coded or am I
just blind ;?
Have a nice evening
Thomas.

--
"Here's something to think about:  How come you never see a headline
like  `Psychic Wins Lottery.'"