Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Video subtitles - srt files?

Hi Sveinn,

> BUT there's a hitch: Many languages have different length of those
> sentences; at least in my case I had to split the segments differently
> from what you'd do for English.
> I'm pretty sure there are other languages having this problem.
Do you mean that one should break manually the text in order to be
displayed in youtube correctly? Because mplayer displays them correctly
without manual breaks.

If manual breaking is really necessary, one can do that, it is just
necessary to know how many characters are allowed for one line.

You can download my translated video from
http://sospreskoly.org/~milos/Join.tgz

To run it:
mplayer -sub "Join the LibreOffice community-sk.srt" -utf8 "Join the
LibreOffice community.mp4"

best
Milos

--