[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Rewriting Linux installation instructions to an version independent one?
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Rewriting Linux installation instructions to an version independent one?
- From: Thomas Hackert <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2016 12:02:05 +0200
- To: email@example.com
not sure, if this list is the right mailing list to discuss this
topic, but as it will also affects other translators, I hope it is
OK to post here ... ;)
The antecedence of this mail is that someone added a paragraph
to our de_DE instructions and ask Florian (F.) for his opinion about
it. Florian put me in CC at his answer (as I was the one who did
some edits before) to get my opinion. As I skimmed through these
instructions, I discovered, that they contain the instructions for
version 3.3. Reading the English one
shows the same: written for version 3.3 ...
I then discovered that there is already a RedMine ticket
(https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1553) and also a
which is closed because of the RedMine ticket) there.
Then I did a little research to find out how other l10n projects
handle this: do they write their own instructions or are they using
a translated version?
After this, I started a discussion on the de@discuss list to get
feedback from others on how we should handle this task: use our
own instructions but rewrite it version independent (and remove
maybe unnecessary / obsolete paragraphs - my preferred one
would be the graphical install one ... ;) ) or letting it there as a
reference or something completely different ... ;)
While waiting for feedback I started to rewrite the German
but also the English one at
What do you think about it? Would it be OK to proceed, so we can
close the RedMine ticket? OR do you think it is too much hassle?
If I should proceed with my rewriting I would like
a. an native English speaker to look for any grammar or spelling
b. for the different RPM based but also DEB based ones like
Ubuntu or Mint I need someone who could test the instructions, if
they are correct.
TIA and sorry for the lengthy mail
Illinois isn't exactly the land that God forgot -- it's more like
the land He's trying to ignore.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Untranslated string "OpenCL is not used." in "Tools - Options - LibreOfficeDev - OpenCL on master
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Uploading to Pootle replaced the wrong file
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Untranslated string "OpenCL is not used." in "Tools - Options - LibreOfficeDev - OpenCL on master
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] New video subtitles for translation: Join the LibreOffice community