[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: No-break space between number and percent sign done for locales listed in CLDR
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: No-break space between number and percent sign done for locales listed in CLDR
- From: Eike Rathke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 22:07:15 +0200
- To: email@example.com
On Monday, 2016-06-27 23:42:48 +0200, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
> 2016-06-27 23:39 GMT+02:00 Eike Rathke <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> > And really, you should get the CLDR updated if the space is not to be
> > used. For i18n developers the CLDR is the authoritative resource when in
> > doubt.
> OK, the problem is, MSO is no following this rule, so potential users of LO
> will get confused even though LO's is IMHO a better solution.
So, CLDR is correct and LO now is also, but MSO does not have the space?
Number formats are imported from existing MSO files, if that is the
concern. If the concern is that users are presented with a different
but correct default format, then, well, what can we do? Undo all
changes? I'd not be a friend of that, and likely others aren't either.
On a long term we might implement some user definable default formats,
but that's not in the near future.
LibreOffice Calc developer. Number formatter stricken i18n transpositionizer.
GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918 630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Not localized menu entries in 22.214.171.124
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Slide/Page - Separating strings for Draw and Impress
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: No-break space between number and percent sign done for locales listed in CLDR
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: No-break space between number and percent sign done for locales listed in CLDR