[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Mnemorics: was [DE issue to confirm]
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Mnemorics: was [DE issue to confirm]
- From: Christian Lohmaier <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 16:36:35 +0200
- To: klaus-jürgen weghorn ol <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Libreoffice ln10 <email@example.com>
Hi Klaus-Jürgen, *,
On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 8:31 AM, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
> Hi Sophie,
> Am 27.06.2016 um 14:54 schrieb Sophie:
>> Somebody from the German team to confirm/take care of this one?
> I think we need a general discussion about mnemorics and menu items.
> We have e.g. in menu "File" 24 points that need a menemoric.
> Some are for all components, so we get a very complex system.
> How should that really work in different languages?
Well, translators don't *need* to specify a specific mnemonic. If
there is no explicit character, LO will pick a free letter on runtime.
This works for less frequently / obscure features that are only
Of course for defailt items like File Open / close / delete, the goal
should be to match default/established mnemonics if possible (those
that are the same for multiple applications in the language) - this
also is not possible in every case, as different desktop environments
might have different conventions already.
After that the goal should be to have consistent mnemonics across the
different parts of LibreOffice for the default items.
There's a macro document that queries currently used mnemonics, that
can be used as base for a rework / getting the status quo.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-l10n] DE issue to confirm||Sophie <email@example.com>|
|[libreoffice-l10n] Mnemorics: was [DE issue to confirm]||klaus-jürgen weghorn ol <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Mnemorics: was [DE issue to confirm]
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice master – Help project for Lithuanian
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Mnemorics: was [DE issue to confirm]
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Calc function name translation 5.2