[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to find where a given string is used in the UI
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to find where a given string is used in the UI
- From: Christian Lohmaier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 16:13:16 +0200
- To: Jean-Baptiste Faure <email@example.com>
- Cc: libreoffice-l10n <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Jean-Baptiste Faure
> Given a string to be translated, given its tag (comment), how to find
> where it is used in the UI (in which menu or dialog box)?
Look at the context info in pootle - if it is a dialog, the dialog's
filename will be listed
→ compressgraphicdialog.ui , and as the path to the po shows in svx/uiconfig
you can open that dialog in
That already will give some context and typically is enough to guess
where the function can be accessed from the UI
> The path UI -> the string in Pootle is easy with the keyID, but, to my
> knowledge, there is no easy way to find a keyID in the UI.
Yes, having just a keyID, it is not possible. To find pootle sting in
UI, it is best to go from pootle context/path info.
If it is in sw or scalc projects, you already have an idea it is in
writer or calc for example.
> What is your strategy to find a given string in the UI?
See above. easiest if it is a dialog. If it is not a dialog, look at
surrounding strings, maybe there is something familiar and you can at
least have a rough idea.
* filename of po file → rough idea in what module
* context info/places → more detailed info.
→ if in .ui file → look at the dialog in glade → see string in context
you can also use opengrok http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/ to look
where the string is used, maybe the code then gives you a clear idea
(or course depends on your ability to read a little code).
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[libreoffice-l10n] How to find where a given string is used in the UI||Jean-Baptiste Faure <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Fwd: [The Document Foundation - Pootle server] Unit #109081786 (sk)
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to find where a given string is used in the UI
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to find where a given string is used in the UI
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to find where a given string is used in the UI