Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice Online translation

Hi Michael,

On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Michael Bauer <fios@akerbeltz.org> wrote:

> Hi Andras
>
> That's good news though I don't quite see how the lang parameter
> translates into a manual selection option but maybe there's some other
> black magic connected to that which I'm not aware of :)
>
> I don't think it's a massive problem if it defaults to English - though
> again I don't actually see how that would happen? I mean, surely the
> interface would only offer LO Online in locales which actually have
> translations?

Have you tried LO Online? Of course you can build and install it yourself,
but probably it is easier to try the CODE VM (
https://www.collaboraoffice.com/code/). In CODE VM LO Online is integrated
with ownCloud. ownCloud provides the cloud storage backend for LO Online,
in this case. So, with my patch, it will be possible to use the language
that the user set in ownCloud. I think it makes a lot of sense. In this
case, language selection is in ownCloud settings. Loading the LO Online
iframe with the lang parameter gives the chance to integrators to change
the UI language. Note: it does not work in CODE VM at the moment, it will
get this update later.

Naturally, localized LO Online is only possible, if the strings are
translated. Incomplete translations will result in mixed English/localized
UI, just like in desktop LO.

Best regards,
Andras