Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to get the correct path to ui file

On 21 May 2016 at 08:34, Usama Akkad <uahello@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently installed Glade, I've an issue in the Pootle interface
> that it does not give the path to the ui file.
>
> In the Wiki example [1] there is a sample link to this path:
> /opt/libreofficedev4.2/share/config/soffice.cfg/cui/ui/pageformatpage.ui
>
> but for other strings I was translating I've to search for google to
> find the path of the file which was this:
>
> /opt/libreofficedev5.2/share/config/soffice.cfg/modules/swriter/ui/dropcapspage.ui
>
> so any way to have Pootle to display clearer informations about the file
> path? maybe even an online copy of the file if that could work.

Have a look at this URL
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/en_ZA/libo_ui/translate/sw/uiconfig/swriter/ui.po#search=dropcapspage.ui&sfields=source,target,locations

Pootle is able to display the location comments present in the PO files
produced for localisation of LibreOffice. The part that is exposed is only
the .ui filename, not the full path.

So best bet I can see for you is to simply search for the .ui file you want
to test and you will find the correct .po file that you should be working
with. You can safely download that file for offline testing.

The other option is for the LibreOffice PO creation tools to create a
better comment for the path, but I suspect with the above you should be
able to get what you wanted quite quickly.

--
Dwayne

*Translate*
+27 12 460 1095 (work)