On 26/04/2016 06:08, Rimas Kudelis wrote:

I think it may be beneficial to have a central repository to host these dictionaries.

If Hunspell does not offer a repository for all languages, and The
Document Foundation has the resources to do so, then this is something
that would be extremely useful.

I don't what resources would be required, but my guess is:
* GIT, or something similar, that hosts word lists;
* A BuildBot system, that creates the dictionary extensions/packages/etc
on a weekly/fortnightly/monthly/quarterly builds;
* Automatic uploading of spelling dictionaries to the Dictionary
Extensions host used by LibreOffice;

Somebody has to write _extensive_ documentation on:
* How to create word list;
* How to modify a word list;
* How to upload the wordlist to the repository;
* How third parties can download content in the repository;
And maybe also:
* How to transform the data in the repository to use with other software;

I know that storing the wordlist on Git is well within the realms of
being doable.  However, I have no idea how that is done, and my reading
of books on Git hasn't provided me with any pointers in that direction.

For people who aren't used to versioning systems, Git is a confusing
maze that is utterly incomprehensible. If it weren't for the fact that
there are over 100 books on using Git, in print, I'd suggest that the
first solvable problem is writing a manual for Git that mortals can
understand.  On second thoughts, even with 100 books in print, this type
of manual could be an extremely useful addition.

jonathon