[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Request For Papiamento
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Request For Papiamento
- From: Ace Suares <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 11:23:41 -0400
- To: email@example.com
Chris Leonard asked me to ask you leadership of the Papiamento team as no one is listed on the wiki.
Papiamento is a language spoken by the inhabitants of Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire.
It's ISO code is pap
There are two different spellings, one for Aruba and one for the rest.
pap_AW for Aruba,
pap_CW for Curaçao
and I propose
pap_BQ for Bonaire since it has slight, but only very slight differences from pap_CW
I did several projects regarding the language:
- releasing the first Content Management System with a manual and interface in Papiamento (in 2003) http://www.qwikzite.com/index.php?topic=papiamentu
- first open source spell checker (in 2011) (http://opencuracao.com/2011/09/software-freedom-day-17-sept-2011/)
- development of locale (since 2012) http://www.it46.se/afrigen/export/ooo/pap_CW.xml (might be not the latest version!)
- coordination of translation of Sugar (OLPC) as part of a UNESCO funded project (2013) (http://translate.sugarlabs.org/pap/)
- improving spell checker and locale as part of a UNESCO funded project (2015) (URL will follow some day).
Over time, a small team has formed, consisting of Dr Marta Dijkhoff (linguist), Mr. Manuel Ortega, Mr. Rendel Rosalia and me.
For now, it would be great to receive leadership of the Papiamento team in Libre Office, I would hope to delegate that role later, and also would work to get a team from Aruba on board.
With regards, and open for suggestions or questions,
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request For Papiamento||Rimas Kudelis <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Online localization
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request For Papiamento
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Online localization
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request For Papiamento