Thank you for your support.

My account name is Matumaros.
On 13 December 2015 15:10:54 +01:00, Michael Bauer <fios@akerbeltz.org> wrote:

I see no reason to turn this down. LO should not be the arbiter over language vs dialect debates
and we have never to date intervened saying "you must produce a standard first". Breton I'm sure
was a come-first deal and nobody asked if it was Gwened, KLT, Peurunvan, Falc'huneg (L or Gw) or
Etrerannyezhel.

And we have many locales which look "odd" to native speakers because the language is not commonly
written yet, even less so in software UI. If we turn down Bavarian on that basis, we need to shut
down virtually all native American and African language projects.

ISO bar sounds about right as you're suggesting a macrolanguage. What's your account name on LO
Pootle?

Michael

Sgrìobh <msch@boaric.eu> na leanas 13/12/2015 aig 14:00:

Hi again,

I'm sorry to reply so late, work is demanding a lot before Christmas from me.
I agree that it is not very professional to have no Impressum on my page.
Sadly I don't have enough time right now to do it because of my work.
I will finish it as soon as I can though.

I wrote on the Bavarian Wikipedia page, but it got turned down because they don't seem to want
to put any effort in creating a standard.
The way I see it is that we Bavarians have a chance to create a standard that actually fits our
language, rather than taking what kinda (but not really) works and leave it at that because it
doesn't require effort.
Reading Bavarian standard might be hard to do in the beginning, but so it is with every
language you read for the first time.

I'm not alone, I have several people contributing with ideas and so far we discuss and decide
what word should be written how.
Bavarian might be a collection of dialects and there is certainly no pleasing all of them, but
the standard we create is pleasing most dialects most of the times.

As I said, due to work overflow I probably won't be able to contribute much this year, but
after the holiday seasons are over I should have enough time once again. I know that as a one
man team (with occasional helpers) I will be very slow, but I hope to achieve some sort of
snowball effect by convincing more Bavarians that something is being done, which will draw in
more people, which leads to the project being completed sooner.

In the end it's up to you to accept or not, but I really rather see a Bavarian standard created
through active discussions and logic than one created by using standard German as template. I
believe that there will be a Bavarian standard at some point and I just try my best to guide it
in the right direction.

--

Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/> Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon
Fòn: +44-141-946 4437

Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!

Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig
<http://www.iGaidhlig.net/><http://www.iGàidhlig.net>