On 30 May 2015 at 12:51, Kolbjørn Stuestøl <kolbjoern@stuestoel.no> wrote:

The new version looks fine but I do have problems with the "Critical
errors".
Some examples:
When translating a plain text, for example "Print Preview Bar" and
inserting XML tags ("Print <emph>Preview Bar</emph>") in the translated
text I get an error. Error message: XML tags.

Ideally, please point to a specific unit, you can get the permalink from
the unit number at the end of the breadcrumbs for the unit you are editing.

Also note.  The checks have not changed.  The editor has changed in that it
prevents a Critical failure from being submitted to Pootle.  The logic is
that we want to stop breakages much much earlier in the process.

Now the check is right (the check is also dumb).  There is no <emph> in the
source, so it assume that you've likely broken something.  Its XML and thus
its risky.

Because you know better you can click on the Mute symbol. The small (-)
after the check name.  If a check is muted it means you've signaled that it
is a false positive and Pootle should ignore it for that unit.

If I insert the quotation marks « and » ( instead of the " and "), press
Send and then open it again, it is opened with the error message "Double
quotes" and the Send button is grayed out.

So quote are not critical.  Pootle has actually accepted the unit but
warned that your quotes are different.

Which raises another issue.  We build rules for languages to take into
consideration their specific quoting styles. This reduces false positives
on quotes.

If you can let me know for nn what the quoting style is then I can add that.

Translating "Print Statement [Runtime]" to "Print-uttrykk [køyretid]"
returns the error "Placeholders". Inserting the original text into my
translation using the + button or by copy and paste, pressing Send works as
normal. Changing my text to "Print-uttrykk [Rundtime]" it is accepted, but
"Print-uttrykk" or, as mentioned above, "Print-uttrykk [køyretid]" is not.
Error message: Placeholders.

Yip false positive again.

I need some help here.  For OpenOffice.org [XXX] was used as a variable in
some files.  With the change to use PO directly in LibreOffice I'm not sure
if that has changed.  In fact if someone has an idea of the correct
variable styles for LO across the project I can likely remove some
redundant ones.

Tried on LibreOffice 4.4 - Help. Windows 7. Norwegian nynorsk (nn)
translation.

Thanks for the testing.

Kolbjørn

deleted