All:

In testing out various grammar and spell checkers, I've come across a
couple of instances, where different languages/dialects share the same
ISO code.

IOW:
The _current_ ISO 639-1, ISO 639-2, ISO 639-3, ISO 639-4, ISO 639-5, and
ISO 639-6 codes are the same. They do have different Glottolog Codes.

The only solutions I found from Google searches were:
* Use "User-1" for one language, "User-2" for the other language;
* Use a completely different language and locale for one language;

The issue with "User-#", is that it is no longer found in standard
LibreOffice builds.

The issue with "use a completely different language", is that that
results in a language collision, when a user has to use both languages.

Question:
* What is the recommended practice for this type of situation.

###

Currently, this is an unusual case, but as LibreOffice extends into more
languages that are threatened, endangered, extinct, or dead, it will
become much more common.

###

I do have complete locale data for one or two of these conflicting
languages. However, since they share the same ISO 639-#, ISO 15924, and
 ISO 3166-1 Codes, I don't see how LibO, or any other programme could
correctly differentiate between them. As a general rule, they do have
different ISO 3166-2 Codes.

ISO 3166-3 Codes are not of much use here, because they aren't old
enough for the languages that need them. (Chinese, Greek, and Hebrew,
amongst others.)

jonathon