Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Workflow based on master

> Dne 12.12.2014 v 11:54 Olivier Hallot napsal(a):
>

>> On 12/12/2014 08:18, Sérgio Marques wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry, I don't get it. Now: 4.4 was created and translations from 4.3

>>> Yes me too. Shopie´s explanation make it even more difficult to
>>> understand
>>> the procedure.
>>>

>> Since I do my own compilation, for me it will mean that all strings will
>> be updated periodically in pootle under the "master" branch. So I will
>> get the updates once in a day/week/month, for example.
>>
>> The number of strings on a monthly basis are expected to be lower than
>> on updated once in a half-year for a major release.
>>
>> Those who will translate the master branch can check the results with
>> the nighly builds.
>>
>> when it comes to branch for a new release, a snapshot of the master
>> translation will be taken and named release X.Y. Then all translation of
>> the release follows. Like with developers, a fix in a translation on a
>> branch shall be fixed also in master branch.
>>

> This workflow means that everyone is forced to work on master - otherwise
> it is needed to translate the same strings again and again in branches
> which makes no sense.
>
> And that's why I am confused - because we were assured that it will be
> possible to choose between working on master and working on branches.
>

>> This scheme does not means we will get less work, it means we will get
>> more time to translate a big, hopefully incremental, chuck of new strings.
>>

> Keeping master updated always means more work and it is the reason why I
> think that each team should decide if they want to use master or not.

I tottaly agree with you. In fact, a while ago Shopie asked us if we wanted
a master branch for our language. And my reply was very clear. NO.

So why the hell someone decided to ignore what I and others told her?

Where is the need to create a master branch for ALL languages even If we
don´t want it? That will give more work to Cloph to create it and probably
Christian will also have more work this way. And from what I can understand
from this messages is that most of the translators don´t want a master
branch.

--
Sérgio Marques