Wow. So if you're lucky enough to be among the 107 locale for which Win 8 (for those who have Win 8 of course, Win XP still has a 25% market share) has a langpack or the 55 or so on Ubuntu (of course that does not automatically translate into LO actually being offered in all those languages as I recently had to discover with Scottish Gaelic) - or the disgraceful number of locales on OSX, you're covered. Even if I just add them up, that amounts to 2.7% of the world's languages being covered by this approach. Anyone else has to rely on the end user *guessing* that they have to run a custom install.

I like LO but I promote it through gritted teeth because the install and update process continues to be a disgrace.

Elanjelian, the workaround we're currently using is not to use the default download page but a customised page (http://gd.libreoffice.org/faigh-greim-air/) where we tell users BEFORE they reach the download button that they have to follow this unintuitive path through Custom Installation. It would probably work for your language too.

Michael

04/08/2014 17:29, sgrìobh khagaroth:
The installer isn't in English, it's multilingual. And it should select the
system language by default (this definitely works for Czech language). If
it doesn't work for you languages, it's either a bug, or the translation
isn't complete enough, and it was decided not to use it by default.

--
*Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net <http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>