Added Nicolas, who is the developer.

Top-posted to keep content.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Miloš Šrámek <milos.sramek@oeaw.ac.at> wrote:
Hi,

there exists a web-based tool for display of translated glade dialogs:
https://launchpad.net/deckard
gnome dialogs: http://deckard.malizor.org/

It would be really great to have something like that for LO - it would
simplify our work and simultaneously improve the quality of translations.

On the launchpad page, it says: "In the long run, it would be cool to have
distinct instances for distinct projects like Xfce or LibreOffice."

As I understand it, the runner takes translation from a po file in a
repository, converts it and  displays the dialog. So, to see the result, it
is necessary to upload po file to the repository.

Can we talk to Deckard developers regarding that?

Milos

Milos Sramek
Gregor Mendel Institute of Molecular Plant Biology,
Dr. Bohr-Gasse 3, 1030 Vienna, Austria
TEL: +43 1 79044 9810 EMAIL: Milos.Sramek@oeaw.ac.at

sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>

As far as I know the tool is based on GTK3+, so at least we need to wait for the port to .ui dialog system. Nevertheless, even that couldn't mean it'd support LO, but I'm not sure.

+dev list and Caolán McNamara.

Probably Caolán who's converting the dialogs may tell us more.

And yes, it's really really useful tool for localization QA, especially for such huge project as LO. So I'm looking forward to that great feature as well.