+1 I've been complaining about this for ... years? The process is different on each OS too, on Windows you download a multi-locale file by default and have to magically know that you have to choose "Custom" to select just the languages you know. On MacOS you get just the English locale and the have to do a merry dance installing the langpack and trying to bully it into the UI language and locale you want, on Ubuntu you're loosing a fighting battle either way because it forces it to the locale of you OS. <massive sigh>

A extra step during the first install on ANY OS which asks which languages the user wants whould be *so* much user friendly. And yes, I admit it, it would save people like me days of support time no-one is paying us for (just saying) when normal users get totally confused during the install. I'm really rather tired of hearing "I selected language X on the download page but it's now all in English"....

Michael

10/03/2013 07:28, sgrìobh Jonathan Aquilina:
Jelle and everyone,

  Thinking about this right now the system is flawed in the sense you have
to download the language packs manually and install them manually, could we
integrate something into the installer where it will download and
autoinstall the language packs for everyone that wants them allowing them
to choose which language they want?