[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Google Play Store - in need of translation
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Google Play Store - in need of translation
- From: Simos Xenitellis <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 19:50:36 +0200
- To: Adolfo Jayme Barrientos <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: "Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )" <email@example.com>, Thorsten Behrens <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 11:55 PM, Adolfo Jayme Barrientos
> On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Sergey Tsabolov ( aka linuxman )
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> The Greek characters in notes are not displaying correct.
>> http://imagebin.ubuntu-gr.org/1361047311.jpg Galaxy Nexus
>> http://imagebin.ubuntu-gr.org/1361047198.png Huawei U8160
>> Cheers from Greece.
> That is a known bug: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=60604
Those several "I" with the circumflex means that
1. the text is indeed in Greek, in UTF-8,
2. and the Android app is forcing the text encoding in that text field
into the "iso-8859-1" (Latin 8-bit) encoding.
You can verify by visiting http://el.libreoffice.org/ (UTF-8) and
changing the text encoding of the page to iso-8859-1.
I believe it should be an easy fix, as the text in Android should be
default be UTF-8?
Where is the code repository for the app?
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Google Play Store - in need of translation||Thorsten Behrens <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: i18ned entry of numbers within LibreOffice
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Google Play Store - in need of translation
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Google Play Store - in need of translation
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Google Play Store - in need of translation