[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Impress Remote
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Impress Remote
- From: Michael Bauer <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:46:19 +0000
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Just upgraded to a new phone and I'd like to mention a couple of points regarding the Remote and languages not shipped with the phone (Scottish Gaelic). First thing I do is install the Custom Locale app to convince my phone it speaks Gaelic because few apps actually give you a choice of language, they blindly assume you always want your app interface language to be the same as your phone OS language; #badfail but anyway.
The Google Play didn't show the Gaelic translation I provided in Pootle but it may not have gotten pushed to live yet. The installation went fine and hey presto, it pops up in Gaelic. The annoying thing though is that right there on the main screen I get "A' lorg..." Is that something I need to fix or is that a bug?
My other recommendation would be that for each string that will go on a mobile app we give a recommendation of string length. It would help - within reason - to avoid truncated strings to a certain extent before something goes to live. Given it only works on Linux right now that's not too much of an issue for my locale but further down the line that might get frustrating for users.
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Maltese Translations
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] irc chat on website
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Libreoffice extensions/templates website activation
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] irc chat on website