Hello, Ollivier,

2013/2/12 Olivier Hallot <olivier.hallot@documentfoundation.org>:
I wonder if these readme files are read anyway by users or admins. They
are stored in the installation root files and no link to them in the UI.

if one uses OS X, when one opens/mounts the .dmg file one gets only
four icons, two representing the main program and the Applications
directory where one moves and thus installs LO on OSX. But I got
astray. One of those four icons is a readme directory with - readme
file. So, funnily, this "hidden", techie txt file is most visible to
the users of the most user-friendly, graphic (non-techie?) operating
system. I attach a simple screenshot which show also a bug with the
displacement of a graphic element that still exists in 4.0.0 (I always
forget to file this bug).

I have wondered several times but forgot to file a bug as a suggestion
- why not generate a pdf instead of a txt file?

Also, I do not see why there are not all readme files in this dir,
just the English one (on OSX one must install en-US app and then add
the lang pack with help, GUI translation is not included in main app;
so the main app readme dir should include readme files in all
supported languages so one knows if the system is adequate etc.).
Another bug/suggestion I need to file, I guess ...

Lp, m.