Hi Chris,
On 18/01/2013 18:15, Chris Leonard wrote:
On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Andras Timar <timar74@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I updated pot files (Templates) on Pootle. This time I did not update
languages. You can update your language manually with "Update against
templates" link below Actions. Both UI and help was updated.

I will pull translations from Pootle on Jan 21st, Monday morning.

For those who don't use Pootle:
http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/l10n/latest-pot/libreoffice-4.0-en-US-2013-01-18.pot.zip

Best regards,
Andras

Andras,

Rather than asking each language to update themselves from templates,
I would like to suggest that you do this on everyone's behalf from the
central admin panel.

This is what Andras usually does. But I ask him to notice us before he
does it because I'm translating off line. Here is the process now, from
Andras mail:
1. I update Templates in Pootle.
2. I announce the update here, people can immediately update their
languages in Pootle by clicking the "Update against templates" link,
if they want.
3. I update against templates for all languages a day later.

Kind regards
Sophie

1) Go to the Admin > Projects control panel,

2) Open a new tab for each page (numbered links on the bottom), There
will probably be 4 or 5 of them, depending on the number of languages
and the number shown per page.

3) check the boxes down the column under "Update from Templates", I
typically skip doing this for the "Templates" language project,
although making sure your Templates project is current first (with an
"Update from VCS"), is a good idea.

4) Click on the "Save Changes" link at the bottom of the page to kick
off update process.

5) As this kicks off a large scale update operation on the Pootle
server, I suggest clicking "Save Changes" one page at a time, allowing
each to complete before going to the next.  You can tell when a page
is finished because the check marks disappear.

Doing this centrally as the Pootle admin gives you assurance that all
projects are updated and prevents localizers from working on
out-of-date templates and submitting those results.

That is just how I admin the Sugar Labs Pootle server through updates, YMMV.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator

--
Sophie Gautier <sophie.gautier@documentfoundation.org>