That's a really bold assumption. I'm not stupid when it comes to computers but I've honestly given up trying to get Ubuntu to give me stuff in the language I want. I either have to switch the OS locale and UI to that language, which switches a lot of stuff, not all of which I might want in another language. Ubuntu may be great on lots of things but it *singularly* fails when it comes to giving the user control of the UI language of individual applications.

Added to that, it steers you to the Software Centre for most things and while that's a neat place, it still has the problem that it gives you zero control over the UI language. I tried a couple of time to take off the version of LO the SC suggest to put on a different one, mostly for testing, and after having spent half a fruitless day on each occassion, I threw in the towel and waited for an Ubuntu update to fix whatever I might have broken.

So to be honest "the work around is not difficult" most likely IS a very big problem for most people who just search-and-click and don't have the faintest idea of how to work around. When determining how hard or easy anything is, we should never fall into the trap of asking "is it easy for me"... the question to ask is "would it be easy for my mother" (assuming she's over 50) - if the answer is yes, then it probably IS easy. If no, it isn't.

Michael

17/01/2013 12:14, sgrìobh Sophie Gautier:
First, because the work around is not difficult : when you install the
language pack and the help pack in your language explicitly, the en_us
pack is not installed.