12/12/2012 19:50, sgrìobh Olivier Hallot:

Hello,

//Question for Documentation team:

I was translating Calc functions to Turkish, i was cross checking with
Microsoft Office then i had a suspect that YIELD and RECEIVED was
translated wrong in MS Office Turkish.

While searching the answer for the question "Should it be the same,
even if it is wrong?" i need to find a comparision list of Calc
Functions vs Excel functions but i  could'nt find.
In my translation for pt-BR (2003), I mapped all Excel functions into
Calc functions. At that time I was not able to question if Excel
translation was good or not. What I can tell is that the translation
quality of Excel functions to pt-BR stinks, with accented letters, dots
and absolute lack of uniformity. The decision was to bring the poor
quality into Calc for the sake of interoperability (which is unfortunate).
The way MS handles localization, there's NO functional translation memory involved and glossary compilation is usually back to front (talking from experience).

I would try notifying someone who works on the MS localization if possible - but I would not recommend following an error in MS just because it's MS.

Michael