Hi Olivier,

2011/11/19 Olivier Hallot <olivier.hallot@documentfoundation.org>:
Hi Andras

Em 17-11-2011 09:05, Andras Timar escreveu:

Hi,

2011/11/17 Alexander Thurgood<alex.thurgood@gmail.com>:

Hi all,

I have an itch to scratch in the Base help (which I find totally
lacking, but hey, just my opinion) and so I've been thinking about the
best way to improve it :

(1) hack the XHP files directly and then git diff them ;
- how would I deal with new entries ? my understanding is that I need to
create a new unique id somewhere ?

That would work. It's not that hard to create new unique IDs. When you
edit XHP files, you'll see where and how to use IDs. You can't do it
wrong, because if you do, the build will break. So you'll notice. :)

I am trying to add new content in the Math help, and I know alreay where to
hack. But I am lost in the following example

<tablerow>
<tablecell colspan="" rowspan="">
<paragraph role="paragraph" id="par_idN10563" xml-lang="en-US" l10n="F">
<image id="img_id3148697" src="starmath/res/bi21326.png" width="0.847cm"
height="0.847cm"><alt id="alt_id3148697" xml-lang="en-US">Icon</alt>
</image></paragraph>
<bookmark xml-lang="en-US" branch="hid/STARMATH_HID_SMA_DRARROW"
id="bm_id3150844" localize="false"/>
</tablecell>
<tablecell colspan="" rowspan="">
<paragraph role="tablehead" id="par_id3150853" xml-lang="en-US" l10n="U"
oldref="88">double arrow pointing right</paragraph>
<paragraph role="paragraph" id="par_id3150866" xml-lang="en-US" l10n="U"
oldref="87"><ahelp hid="HID_SMA_DRARROW">Inserts the logical operator
<emph>arrow with double bar pointing right</emph> with two
</tablecell>
</tablerow>

The id's I have no references are

<paragraph role="paragraph" id="par_idN10563"... and the other paragraphs...
<bookmark xml-lang="en-US" branch="hid/STARMATH_HID_SMA_DRARROW"
id="bm_id3150844" localize="false"/>

Where these id's are generated and what should I do to get id suitable for a
new table entry as this above?

You can choose an arbitrary ID, it does not really matter. For example
tbl_id4155359, providing that it is unique in the file.

Is there a tool to edit or add new help entries?

At Sun/Oracle help was edited with OpenOffice.org 1.1 using a special
filter and a macro set. I don't think it is worth the effort to use
that.

Best regards,
Andras