Hi

All I have to translate for the NLP solver was done in pootle.

Some solver strings of the Help and UI are missing in Pootle.

Clicking in (localized) Help button in the Solver dialog brings me only to an entry page.

Seaching for "solver" in the help location bar brings me an orphan page, which I cannot get from
the UI. It start with

 General Options

Size of Swarm

... defines the number of individuals to participate in the learning process. Each individual finds its own solutions and contributes to the overall knowledge.

Learning Cycles

... defines the number of iterations, the algorithm should take. In each iteration, all individuals make a guess on the best solution and share their knowledge.

Variable Bounds Guessing

If enabled (default), the algorithm tries to find variable bounds by looking at the starting values.

Variable Bounds Threshold

When guessing variable bounds, this threshold specifies, how the initial values are shifted to build the bounds. For an example how these values are calculated, please refer to the Manual in the Wiki.

Use ACR Comparator

If *disabled* (default), the BCH Comparator is used. It compares two individuals by first looking at their constraint violations and only if those are equal, it measures their current solution.

If *enabled*, the ACR Comparator is used. It compares two individuals dependent on the current iteration and measures their goodness with knowledge about the libraries worst known solutions (in regard to their constraint violations).

Use Random Starting Point

If *enabled*, the library is simply filled up with randomly chosen points.

If *disabled*, the currently present values (as given by the user) are inserted in the library as reference point.

Stagnation Limit

If this number of individuals found solutions within a close range, the iteration is stopped and the best of these values is chosen as optimal.

Stagnation Tolerance

Defines in what range solutions are considered "similar".

Show Enhanced Solver Status

If *enabled*, an additional dialog is shown during the solving process which gives informations about the current progress, the level of stagnation, the currently best known solution as well as the possibility, to stop or resume the solver.

--
Olivier Hallot
Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation