2011.09.04. 22:56 keltezéssel, Dale Erwin írta:
On 9/4/2011 3:44 PM, Danishka Navin wrote:
On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Dale Erwin<dale@casaerwin.org> wrote:

On 9/4/2011 1:28 AM, Rimas Kudelis wrote:

2011.09.04 06:59, Dale Erwin rašė:

I am new to this list and am not a coder. I am a retired mainframe
programmer and have been a user of Open Office since its introduction.
In fact, I even used Star Office before that. I have just recently
downloaded Libre Office because of the uncertainty I perceive about
Open Office.

I would like to know what is necessary to add a new language to Libre
Office. I would imagine that coding is not necessary but only
translations need to be done, but where does one start?

You're right, coding is not necessary at all. A (very) short intro on
localizing LibreOffice is available at
https://translations.**documentfoundation.org/<https://translations.documentfoundation.org/>.

In any case, writing to
this list is a very good first step.

The language I'm interested in adding is Neapolitan. I does not have a
two-letter identifier, but ISO 639-2 assigns it a three-letter
identifier of
"nap" but it is not included in the list of languages at the site in
your
link above.

I believe this list is where I am supposed to make the request that
it be
added, so I hereby request that Neapolitan be added to the list.

Have you created a pootle account?
https://translations.documentfoundation.org

Yes, I have.

Let me add that my userid is casaerwin

OK, your account has been set up. You can start translating LibreOffice 3.4 UI in Pootle. In fact your language will be added to LibreOffice 3.5 only but that project has not been set up yet. I'll migrate your existing translations to 3.5 when the time comes.

Thanks,
Andras