Yury,

On 2011-03-04 09:36, Yury Tarasievich wrote:
Let's not talk about who's to blame, but about how to correct the
situation, instead.

Incidentally, by "LO Team" I was meaning the core team or however this
is called. Obviously, those folks bear more responsibility than "just
the translators".

So, I'm seeing the following issues right now:

1) Is there a gracious way to "demote" Sasha and put me as the "BE
team leader" (or however this "position" is called)? Also, to revive
Mikalai Udodau wiki contribution?

Sasha didn't request this role specifically, so I imagine that talking with him could solve the whole issue. I'll have a look at what happen to the page in the wiki later today and let you know.

2) I'm not familiar with the Pootle process. Is there a possibility to
veto the Pootle contribution, preferrably in part? Sasha's terminology
differs from what's in the translation already (see my previous post).
If Sasha had suggest rights and you have review rights then you would be
able to review all of Sasha's contributions.

2.1) Is there a possibility to convert the Pootle contribution to the
.PO format, preferrably selectively? I.e., to convert Sasha's
contribution to .PO for me to revise?
Not in PO, a limitation of the PO format. But if you download an XLIFF
version for offline translation then Sasha's suggestions would be listed
as alternative translations. You can use Virtaal to edit these offline
XLIFF files.

3) The .PO technological cycle isn't documented comprehensively on LO
sites.

What do you mean by "technological cycle"? I've begin to write some pages on the wiki but didn't get the time to finish yet, so I could include your needs too. The localization process was not well determined for 3.3 release because we (all of us here, because we don't work all the same way) are setting it and I'll try to document it on the wiki for 3.4. It's a wiki so every body is free to add the information he doesn't find, so if there is something wrong or missing, don't hesitate to add or correct what is needed.

Kind regards
Sophie