2011/3/3 Cor Nouws <oolst@nouenoff.nl>

Hi all,

Rimas Kudelis wrote (03-03-11 15:20)

 I think this should be sorted out within your team/community. I don't
think there is an official process inside TDF to resolve such conflicts.
It would be nice to have one though, maybe the TDF officials could craft
a fair policy for such cases?

I tend to think that it is pretty OK to give a second person the rights for
pt-BR,  the same possibilities as Olivier, just as asked.
There have been some contacts in the Steering Committee on the issue. Since
for the moment (unresponsiveness ..) that does not resolve any conflict, I
guess it would be best, if the people in Brazil, that cannot (anyway not for
the moment) cooperate fine, have the same possibilities working for
LibreOffice.

Many thanks for understanding our point. That's exactly what we want.

On the other side, if giving same rights to both parties, introduces the
danger that people start fighting each other on that area, that would not be
fine. People having conflicts on translations, dividing the work, whom
should do what...
So isn't it that granting these rights, in a certain sense would force you
to cooperate, while that is considered impossible at the same moment?

I also think our problems must be solved at home. For that, we, the
Brazilian Community, are compromized not to begin a fight in "sacred
ground", as we consider TDF resources. Many things are happening here so
fast, and we not only want, but we have to solve our ploblems asap.

Wrt a policy for such cases: conflicts are often unique, and sorting things
out is difficult. More work for each case specifically, then something that
can be covered by a policy, I am afraid.

+1

Best regards,
Cor

Best regards.