Þann mið  2.feb 2011 10:22, skrifaði Rimas Kudelis:
Hi Sophie,

2011.02.02 12:11, Sophie Gautier rašė:
Hi all,

In order to ease the communication across projects, I'm
going to draw some dedicated contact tables on the l10n
wiki page:

- One dedicated to L10n teams which will give a contact
name for teams working on UI, Help, Extensions, Templates
(and future sites not here yet)

- One dedicated to QA teams for l10n QA and smoke tests
for RCs. Thanks to Rimas, David Emerich Jourdain and the
support of the Brazilian groups we should have soon a
manual testing QA tool in place.

- One dedicated to Native-language teams with contact(s)
name(s) for the marketing, website, support and
documentation tasks, so the international projects knows
who to ping when needed. This is mostly important for
marketing and website because it directly depends of the
international actions.

I know that sometimes names will overlap between the 3,
but it's not important and in the future, the
community/your community will grow ;)
It's only contact tables, no follow up of the work will be
done here.
But I don't think we need separated mailing lists for L10n
and Native-lang teams yet.

Is it ok for you or do you have remarks, requests or other
ideas?
If it's ok, I'll work on the tables by the end of the week.

have you considered starting with simply three columns
instead of three tables? IMO, putting all information in one
place would be fine, as long as it's structured well.

+1

While we're at this, I think the L10n category on our wiki
actually needs some love. Currently, all our pages are quite
scattered. Maybe we need a category home page, or something,
with a list an explanation of what is where. What would you
say?

Rimas

Agree, the page <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Category:L10n> is a bit spartan. And since its the page referred to from <http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/localizers/> I think there should be some more info on how to participate. This could be a new "l10n entry page" or simply some text above the categories.

Possibly with following items:

General about localization
How to start a new language
Difference between l10n and Native-lang
Translating the software (UI and Help)
Translating the website + wiki
Translation tools
Reviewing, QA and testing RCs

Or something along this route.

I could write drafts for some of the subjects, if we find someone willing to proofread non-native english. And if Sophie is willing to compose the intro... ;-)

Best regards
Sveinn í Felli