Hi Christian,

On Sunday 23 January 2011 15:45, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Nino Novak <nnino@openoffice.org>
wrote:

The problem hereby seems to be, that there is only one common draft
space. So if you choose to browse the Draft Site, you see *all* of
the drafted pages simultaneously. You can not preview the current
live pages with just one additional draft page in which you are
interested.

Hmm - honestly I don't get the problem here - as the effect on other
pages just is an additonal menu-item at most, so a draft page doesn't
really have an impact on other pages - you can switch back and forth
using the ?stage=Stage|Live URL-parameter.

It's mainly about Layout:

Do you have a more concrete example of what you had in mind?

Look at the main navi bar in
https://de.libreoffice.org/home/?stage=Live

If you want to test, if a new main entry "Why" will fit in length, you
must publish the Why page, because when testing in Draft space, you
will get additional menu entries which have been created but not
published for whatever reason (e.g. on de.libo.o the second Download
page and the NeuSubsitesVirtualPage) so you can not see if your "Why"
page will fit in the actual bar.

The same is true for 2nd level entries of course.

(But this is not a major issue, at least for me)

 The drawback is that
the theme currently gives no hint that you're in draft mode (but this
can be changed)

(I'd consider this helpful)

So from my perception, a RSS feed that lists the changed pages with
the according stage/draft links would be OK/enough, wouldn't it?

Just asking: could a RSS view be customized to show any page changes
(with datetime) so that it resembles the RecentChanges from the wiki?
So anybody could see, when which page was changed (and by whom). The
optimum would be to see, WHAT has been changed, i.e. a diff - but the
comment written by the publisher would be fine already ;)

Nino