Hi Martin, Christian, all, :-)

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 03:29, Martin Srebotnjak <miles@filmsi.net> wrote:
I have recently fully localized the LO English site into Slovenian. But then
changes seem to have started (there was also a "why" sub-menu, that
disappeared in just a few hours - and as sl site maintainer I cannot see
what were the changes on the English pages so I have to go through all the
pages and compare to localized ones to see, if there was something changed.
Can someone make the English site changes visible in some way to
other-language site maintainers?

Also, for just those few hours that the "why LO" subpages were present there
was also a "News" menu item available. The current widgets for main page are
not usable for nativelang teams, the twitter and blog is English only.
Please give as a news page and a system/widget to display latest or selected
langteam news items on the main lang page.

Yes, this was me busy at work on the English site. The "Why?" pages
appeared for a time while I was seeing how they fit visually into the
menu and page... The same was true for the "News" menu item. Both
disappeared because the pages themselves are not ready yet.

There will be a news section on the English site, but first we have to
test the SilverStripe modules available for the job and choose the
most suitable one. That is unlikely to happen before the 3.3 release,
but is likely to happen soon after. But when 3.3 releases, my current
idea is to post an announcement article in the form of an ordinary
page.

The "Why" pages will also reappear very soon.

I see that Christian has already posted ideas about how all interested
people can stay informed about changes in site content.

Temporarily publishing pages and then unpublishing them again is not
actually an ideal way to develop and preview content, but I'm unaware
of another method of previewing changes to see how they will display
in the site pages.

@Christian: is there a trick I haven't learned yet?

David Nelson