Hi Kendy, all,
On 04/01/2011 18:55, Andras Timar wrote:

Hi Sophie, all,

On 2010-12-30 at 15:18 +0300, Sophie Gautier wrote:

I download/update my language .po files using svn (with a very simple
script)
and use Lokalize with a Translation Memory database, which is now 125M,
for
translation and a glossary for words of .5 MB. Uploading is using svn
commit.
Compared to using Pootle this is far more easy. Using svn or git for
download
and upload is using less bandwith, because only the differences are
transported.

Thank you very much for your feedback on this. It's great if we can
share others experience on this.

The only thing I'm afraid of is the technical skills needed for the
steps to download or upload the files. Also what will be the process
under Windows, is it easy to commit on git or svn or whatever using
other OS than Linux (I remember at the very beginning of the OOo FR
site, I was under Windows 98 and comits to the cvs repository was not
exactly what I call fun ;-)

I've just found

  http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/version_control

that describes how to connect Pootle with a version control system.
 From what I understand, this is built into Pootle.

Mozilla has been using this feature for a while. It works (from the
translators point of view).

How does that sound?

Really great, thanks :) I'm sure several teams will be happy to be able to push their translation directly while others will still be able to use Pootle.

Sounds great - what to do next? Who has the right to set up a module in git
(Kendy?), who can configure Pootle to use it (Rimas?). I think we should
test a selected set of languages first (e.g. hu), then I will collect all
translations from the different sources and upload them.

If I can be of help, don't hesitate to call me.
Thanks to you three for your work on this, it's great to have you on board :-)

Kind regards
Sophie