Hi Kendy,

Hi Sophie,

On 2010-12-28 at 14:30 +0300, Sophie Gautier wrote:

It may be quite hard to make difference between a *new* (m90) translated
string and an old one.

This is why I ask: do we merge Libo with the last dev versions or do we
work on the last SDF file only (I think it's OOo330m9) because it is now
two completely separated products?

We are still working towards a plan how to cherry pick or merge from OOo
from now on, so do not expect any huge changes in the next 2 weeks or
so ;-)  We have to evaluate the possibilities first, but most probably,
this will be more on case-by-case basis, ie. the amount of strings to
translate will grow at reasonable pace, not a huge drop of stuff to
translate from a day to day.

Our concerns here, with Olivier and the few of us not doing localization for OOo any more, is that the localization will be done by someone else, may be a professional agency. Most of the time the quality is very very low because the agencies know nothing about the product where we work with it and localize it since years. So, no matter the amount of strings, if we are sure of the consistency and we do not have to research in the files to ensure it. Currently there is a little more than 6000 new/fuzzy words until DEV300m90, it's not so much and even less if we have a long deadline ;)

But we need to merge the strings quiet soon now because we didn't have the opportunity any more to fix l10n issues in OOo 3.3 since September/October, so we may have a quite long list on our table now. Even if it's in 3 weeks or the month after, having an idea of the time frame will help to reserve the needed time/resources to fix these issues.

Kind regards
Sophie