Le 2010-12-16 13:08, Martin Srebotnjak a écrit :

While that would also be nice to have, I think it is mandatory to explain
that during installation. And at the end of installation it would be nice to
have a link to download the language pack. At least for Windows and OSX,
that have a GUI installer.

Also installing LO on multiple systems should provide option to install also
the langpacks (I believe that is possible now, but maybe some more
automation should be provided, given that it is two packages that need to be
installed, not just one, the fully localized build, as with OOo).

Your solution is not usable for users in a working environment without
internet access or with limited internet access (some companies/government
agencies limit Internet access for security, procastrination etc. reasons).

Lp, m.

With regard to large scale implementation, I can perhaps add, as example, my particular situation where I have convinced some heads of departments at a local school board to look at the OOo as possible replacement for MSO. This board usually corresponds regularly with neighbouring boards. I had recently written to these same people suggesting a change from OOo consideration to LibreOffice, not realizing that the Help files were going to be an issue. The implementation of almost 10,000 computers servicing over 100,000 students is taken quite seriously.

IT was already a little unconvinced of the implementation of OOo (LO) but at least they were listening. If the help files are not implemented in other language setups (we have mostly English desktops, but French as well as heritage language weekend classrooms where some units are in different languages), this will definitely not sell our product. The added steps in implementation would not be well received by IT and will not be given consideration for LibreOffice implementation.

It often takes a couple of years to change large organisation mindsets. I have therefore taken the stance to back off my correspondence to these people in the hopes of seeing a resolution. Otherwise, I will pace my correspondence to coincide with LO 3.4. I am sure I will not be the only one doing this.

We need to be careful with our product if we are to be taken seriously.

Marc