We will provide XLIFF files as soon as we finish the last bugs and release the RC1, sometimes this month.

It would be great to know how well it works with Chinese. We have not been able to test it. We develop and test in Cambodia, Bangladesh and Spain, so we have done extensive testing for complex layout scripts, but not for CJK.

We have tried to take as far as possible the value of XLIFF for translator aids.

In the next version we will have several different interfaces for different parts of the localization process (translate, review, approve), tracking messages in each stage in the XLIFF files.

Or philosophy is to facilitate the work by force quality and homogeneity, even from unexperienced translators. Also, to solve issues as soon as they appear, and not wait until the translator has sent the files to the translation manager.

Also, we came out of OooConf with a lot of new ideas from Rafaella, Andre and other people, and we will also implement them soon.

Cheers,

Javier

Tseng, Cheng-Chia wrote:
How can this editor be translated into our languages?
It will be great to have a translated one for local teams, more ease to use
without wasting time to try understanding all the strings are talking about.