El dv 05 de 11 de 2010 a les 13:02 +0100, en/na Andras Timar va
escriure:

There are 3 different things IMHO that should not be mixed.

1. Internal handling of messages in the source code.
2. Presentation of messages to localizers.
3. Store translations in git.

You're right. In my case I would like LibreOffice to identify itself
using besides the traditional language codes, modifiers like @valencia
or @latin that Catalan (Valencian) and Serbian languages need. For
example, Ubuntu implements the ca_ES.utf8@valencia locale that apply all
the gnome translations in Catalan (Valencian). If there is no Catalan
(Valencian) translation then it uses the default Catalan translation.

But when it comes to OpenOffice.org (and now LibreOffice) even if there
is Catalan (Valencian) translation, it doesn't identify itself as a
ca@valencian but ca_XV, so the system can't recognize it and won't use
it. I don't have the technical knowledge to find out if there is a
workaround or other kind of solution for this.

Ok, I'm rambling... (stop now!)

Pau