Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Turkish localization team

Dear Charles,

You are right - on the other hand, when I wrote that, I was also thinking
about amending processes and transforming brands, e.g

- Writing an email to related mailing lists and reminding them that this
change has happened, together with reasons. Potentially useful: Writing an
email to various journalists and pioneer bloggers would also help.
- Discussing this change within local group's mailing list (everybody is
puzzled now!)
- Replacing all OpenOffice.org brands, wordings etc with LibreOffice in
group's (in our case, openoffice.org.tr) web page to reflect the name
LibreOffice.
- Replacing all OOo logos with LibreOffice.
- Removing all "OpenOffice.org is backed by Sun/Oracle" or similar sentence
and replacing them with "LibreOffice is a community-driven effort to produc
a free to use office platform" - or smtg like that.
- Transforming and migrating local mailing lists by making a rename from OO
on group's web page.
- As tools evolve on libreoffice.org, linking these features from group web
page.

And other things that didn't immediately come to my mind....

Best
Görkem

On 5 October 2010 11:15, Charles-H. Schulz <
charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Welcome Görkem and the Turkish community! (And I forgot all the othe
r one
> s:
> /me waves frantically to the subscribers of the list...)
> About your PS: yes, it would be ideal, let's see if we can do that: but a
> the same time we don't expect to have exactly the same things and tools
tha
> we had before...
>
> Best,
> Charles.
>
> 2010/10/5 Görkem Çetin <gorkem.cetin@gmail.com>
>
>> Dear group members,
>>
>> As before, we'll be taking care of Turkish localization and
>> internationalization of LibreOffice -
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Görkem
>> OpenOffice.org Turkey
>>
>> PS: My organization title and domain name are expected to be changed
>> in the near future. A step-by-step guide to "how to transform your
>> community from OpenOffice.org to LibreOffice" would be great, btw.
>> --
>> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot
>> deleted.

> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot b
deleted.