[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Turkish localization team
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Turkish localization team
- From: Görkem Çetin <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 12:02:46 +0300
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are right - on the other hand, when I wrote that, I was also thinking
about amending processes and transforming brands, e.g
- Writing an email to related mailing lists and reminding them that this
change has happened, together with reasons. Potentially useful: Writing an
email to various journalists and pioneer bloggers would also help.
- Discussing this change within local group's mailing list (everybody is
- Replacing all OpenOffice.org brands, wordings etc with LibreOffice in
group's (in our case, openoffice.org.tr) web page to reflect the name
- Replacing all OOo logos with LibreOffice.
- Removing all "OpenOffice.org is backed by Sun/Oracle" or similar sentence
and replacing them with "LibreOffice is a community-driven effort to produc
a free to use office platform" - or smtg like that.
- Transforming and migrating local mailing lists by making a rename from OO
-> LibreOffice and renaming all @OpenOffice.org related global mailing list
on group's web page.
- As tools evolve on libreoffice.org, linking these features from group web
And other things that didn't immediately come to my mind....
On 5 October 2010 11:15, Charles-H. Schulz <
> Welcome Görkem and the Turkish community! (And I forgot all the othe
> /me waves frantically to the subscribers of the list...)
> About your PS: yes, it would be ideal, let's see if we can do that: but a
> the same time we don't expect to have exactly the same things and tools
> we had before...
> 2010/10/5 Görkem Çetin <email@example.com>
>> Dear group members,
>> As before, we'll be taking care of Turkish localization and
>> internationalization of LibreOffice -
>> OpenOffice.org Turkey
>> PS: My organization title and domain name are expected to be changed
>> in the near future. A step-by-step guide to "how to transform your
>> community from OpenOffice.org to LibreOffice" would be great, btw.
>> To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
> l10n%2Bunsubscribe@libreoffice.org <l10n%252Bunsubscribe@libreoffice.org>
>> List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
>> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot
> To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to email@example.com<
> List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot b
To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
|[libreoffice-l10n] Turkish localization team||Görkem Çetin <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Turkish localization team||"Charles-H. Schulz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Greek l10n-i18n
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Introduction/Translation Support
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Turkish localization team
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Hungarian (hu) l10n