Dne 15. 07. 24 v 23:31 Christian Lohmaier napsal(a):
On Sat, Jul 13, 2024 at 9:58 PM Stanislav Horáček
<stanislav.horacek@gmail.com> wrote:

it seems that currently there is something wrong with automatic
suggestions in Weblate.

"Wrong" depends on the perspective I guess...

Not really - I would call it "wrong" if it doesn't help translators anymore (and it doesn't if I get no suggestion for a string differing in one word).

I get almost none of them, e.g. I see no
suggestion for [1] even if the string [2] is translated and differs in
one word only.

If you copy'n'paste the Source string into the lookup/entry box and do
a manual search for the string, you'll get the results with the best
matching score of 0.93, so it definitely should show up, too late to
do the math now, but
https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/commit/d09738ccf0923046ba06f067b4784a4dec06911d
might be related - the actual DB queries are adjusted depending on the
length of the strings/the postgresql metric is different from the
Damerau-Levenshtein distance used for the similarity rating.

Thanks for the analysis, interesting enough that this is caused by a change in Weblate...

Could this be fixed?

We could "cheat" and adjust the minimum similarity that weblate wants
to fix the symptoms/or try to tweak the magic values wrt. the the
length-bonus

Do you have some more examples where the matches don't show up?

See more examples below - again only slightly differing pairs of strings.

Best regards,
Stanislav

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/translate/libo_help-master/textscalc01/cs/?checksum=3d27a06550c87bb7
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/translate/libo_help-master/textscalc01/cs/?checksum=1fe69fd04430efdd