Hello, Eike
Apology and thanks for correcting my wrong suggestion, you are right Eike
according to CLDR (
https://unicode-org.github.io/cldr-staging/charts/37/supplemental/languages_and_scripts.html)
it is correct. I was little confused with the arbitrary use of @ and _
while translating various software like. Inkscape (
https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/-/tree/master/po) that uses "sat" and
sat@deva. and the same for sat_olck in other projects. In linux they use
something different like sat_IN for some reason. I'm still not able to
understand how code pairing is done, but they work :-/

As, Ol Chiki is now the official script for Santali language which means,
the code "sat" should mean same as "sat-Olck" but here in Weblate (Libre)
already "sat" code is occupied with Devanagari writings, means current
"sat" code assigned in Libre (
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/languages/sat/) should be
"sat-Deva" *my question* is will it not cause any confusion in future
related to default script for Santali language. As for Santali Wikipedia (
https://sat.wikipedia.org) and in many places "sat" is the default code
where the Ol-Chiki script is used. If anyone wishes to write in another
script then let them change to their lexeme language codes like sat-Deva,
sat-Latn, sat-Beng, sat-Orya etc. If it will cause little or no issue tyhem

--
Thanks
regards