Hi *,

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 7:09 PM sophi <sophi@libreoffice.org> wrote:
Le 03/06/2021 à 18:21, Tuomas Hietala a écrit :

On Weblate just a moment ago, an unknown user added three strings to
glossaries of at least several (I suspect all) languages. These are
"Apply", "_OK" and "_Apply". How is this possible and was it intentional?

Those appeared during conversion of the stored-in-database glossary to
a stored-in-a-git-repo glossary. I suspect they were added in one of
the old glossaries as "Terminology" that made them show up in all
languages. So "intentional" from the code side, maybe not from the
user POV.

I don't think so, I pinged Christian asking him to have a look. Our
glossary appears 7 times in FR/master/UI too.

That's a bug in weblate when a glossary is shared across multiple
projects, the UI glossary was shared with 7 other projects and
weblated showed it 7 times and now is shared with 4 and appears four
times (removed 6-3, 6-4 and 7-0 from list of repos to share it with)

Also the recent Weblate update made glossaries more usable while
translating, but unfortunately also harder to find otherwise.

There certainly are UI bugs with the repositories, especially when
appearing in an "other components" section it is broken compared to
the "all components" listing, and also the list of untranslated
strings is not useful, since that is just counting all source strings
across all languages, but you only see strings explicitly added to
your language (and you'd also add it with a translation anyway)

There's no
direct link to glossary any more from the language pages.

Why would you need one there? The glossaries are project specific,
although in our case the master UI glossary is shared across the other
UI branch-projects and help (but having branches in different projects
is also not a typical way to organize projects in weblate, that's just
due to the size of LibreOffice).

Would it be
possible to change the glossary into a project that is listed among the
other projects, as seen e.g. here:
https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/mypaint/

You're listing it as a component, as it is in
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/projects/libo_ui-master/ -
no difference there.

Also, it would be nice to
rename the glossary to something like "LibreOffice Glossary" as it is
used for all projects, anyway, not just UI master.

Can be renamed if people prefer that, but it is primarily assigned to
the libo-ui-master project and just shared with the other projects.

ciao
Christian