Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2019 Archives by date, by thread · List index

Sorry, but what you ported over is really to no use. Please make Slovenian
page untranslated, fully in English.

I will not waste my time with this page after you trashed all my past
translations of it.

Lp, m,.

V V ned., 13. okt. 2019 ob 11:18 je oseba Ilmari Lauhakangas <> napisala:

On 11.10.2019 17:10, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
On 11.10.2019 14:00, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
Perhaps the most complex translatable page in our wiki now uses
Translate extension:

The change is unfortunately disruptive for the languages that had the
most complete translations (sorry, Japanese team!). There is no point
in using the migration tool, because the translations have been broken
into smaller units. Please pick the earlier version from the version
history and copy translated content from it.

To make things a bit less painful, I will add some often-repeated
translations (yes/no/supported/not supported) for es, fr, ja, ko, ru,
sl, tr, zh-tw and zh-hans. I would already have done it, but our
server infrastructure is experiencing problems that prevent working on
the wiki. So please let me do these first.

As a positive thing, the translations are now in smaller units, so
there will be less annoying wiki markup for the translators to see
while they work. I scripted the addition of <translate> elements to
table cells and manually did the rest. I did not aim for a 100%
perfectionist approach, because it would have been too much work.

And now, to my horror, I realise that the yes/no/partial templates had
been used incorrectly in the page. I should have fixed the use of the
templates before marking the page for translation. Unfortunately, I
will be unable to do this before Monday next week. I hope it is not an
inconvenience, but please refrain from touching the translations until
I fix things.

I will have to
1. enable translations for the templates themselves
2. translate their texts to the languages I mentioned in the previous
3. make it so the template instances in the table cells are always of
the format {{yes}}, so all additional text is always outside the
4. refer to the templates using the form {{yes{{#translation:}}}}, so
the desired translation will be picked from the template translation

All right, I managed to sneak in several hours of work during the
weekend after all. Thanks to Adolfo, who intervened at a time the
behaviour of MediaWiki had me completely confused regarding the
translation of templates.

So now the templates

have translations in es, fr, ja, ko, ru, sl, tr, zh-tw and zh-hans (and
some extra ones thanks to Adolfo). I am not 100% sure about Partial in
zh-tw and zh-hans, so do correct me if I messed it up.

The cache for the translated Feature comparison pages has been busted by
translating the Introduction heading. You can now proceed with
translating the page.

Even more work was put into excluding unnecessary strings from the
translations. Hopefully everything is fine.


To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
Privacy Policy:

To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
Privacy Policy:


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.